Friday, February 15, 2013

Lil Wayne and Emmett Till . . continued


A few days ago I posted about the horrible verse that Lil Wayne wrote and recorded on an upcoming song, which included a statement about "beating up that pussy like Emmett Till." (Till was tortured and murdered in 1955 after alledgely whistling at a white woman in Mississippi. A bunch of you commented your outrage.)

I found out yesterday that it seems our outrage has been heard, and the record label is pulling the lyrics, and apologizing to the family.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1702029/lil-wayne-karate-chop-remix-emmett-till.jhtml

I've taken a lot of ribbing from my friends and family for being a Lil Wayne fan (I'm 54), but I broke my allegiance with Weezy after this horrendous and will never purchase any more of his music.

P. S. Stevie Wonder, by the way, spoke out about the lyrics, too!
 

No comments: