Monday, January 06, 2014

Here's The Real Deal . . .


People are funny. A 20-something-year old person told me today she heard that I have multiple sclerosis and I should cut out processed food since that's what caused it. 
<sigh> There's so many things that I was tempted to say to her.
1. It's much more than rude to suggest someone is the cause of their own debilitating illness, unless u know for a fact that's the case.
2. Why assume I don't know the possible connection between processed food and MS?
3. Why not ask if I eat processed food, or how much, before making such a statement/accusation? 
Me? I'm the Queen of Homemade cooking! I even make my own salad dressings, barbecue sauce, hot sauce. And even my own eggnog. No canned veggies for me . . . I only eat fresh or frozen. And have been doing so long before I was diagnosed with MS. Not because of health concerns, but because i prefer homemade food fixed with fresh ingredients. True, I might eat some processed food, but very little, and way less than the majority of people. 
I could have told her all that. But then I figured, "why bother?"
So I simply said, "Okay."

“Stop spending so much time trying to prove what you already know to people who don't really matter." ― Karen E. Quinones Miller

No comments: