Thursday, October 10, 2013

Reason #2,487,897 that I love my brother, Joe Quinones





My husband and I divorced when my daughter, Camille R. Quinones Miller, was only 4 months old, and her father -- by his own choice -- had little to do with her growing up. 
 
However, my brother stepped in and was like a father to her. 

Recently my daughter shared with me that she would have dropped out of college if it wasn't for my brother. 

"Mom," she explained, "I knew I'd be able to handle you, but I just didn't want to disappoint Uncle Joe."
And THAT is the difference having a strong male role model can make in a little girl's life.
 
 Photo: Reason #2,487,897 that I love my brother, Joe Quinones: 

My husband and I divorced when my daughter, Camille R. Quinones Miller aka La Pizzazz , was only 4 months old, and her father -- by his own choice -- had little to do with her growing up. However, my brother stepped in and was like a father to her. 
Recently my daughter shared with me that she would have dropped out of college if it wasn't for my brother. 
"Mom," she explained, "I knew I'd be able to handle you, but I just didn't want to disappoint Uncle Joe." 
And THAT is the difference having a strong male role model can make in a little girl's life

No comments: